The prices of digital assets fluctuate from time to time, and the Avalanche crypto price is not an exception to this rule. To understand the Avalanche price today, it is helpful to understand how it has changed over the years.
It is important to state at this juncture that Avalanche price is influenced by a lot of factors, especially the general conditions in the crypto market. The activities within the Avalanche ecosystem can also have a significant effect on the price. The prices of other top-ranked cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum can also influence the AVAX coin price.
Without further ado, here are important milestones in Avalanche’s price history:
- AVAX was launched through an ICO on July 15, 2020 and the ICO price was $0.5 per token
- The AVAX price grew significantly after the ICO and by September 22, 2020, the price was already $5.28 per token
- The price of AVAX recorded its post-ICO all-time low of $2.80 on December 31, 2020
- The AVAX crypto reached the $10 mark for the first time on January 16, 2021
- Avalanche reached the $50 mark for the first time on August 22, 2021
- The AVAX value reached the $100 mark on November 17, 2021
Just like the Avalanche coin price, the Avalanche market cap has also seen significant fluctuations. For example, the AVAX market cap was around $100 million in October 2020, but surpassed $10 billion as of September 2021.